Handmade from cocuite wood, a sustainably sourced tropical hardwood from the coast of Mexico. This group uses rustic tools, and finish all of the pieces by hand.
Each piece is hand turned and sanded smooth, also by hand. The artisans are eco-conscious and do not work with wood that is endangered/rare or not sustainably sourced. The plates are then finished with a coating of natural beeswax – that's why they smell so good!
- Due to the beeswax finish, these plates should only be washed by hand in tepid or cool water, without bleach or harsh scrubbers
- They can be treated with linseed oil from time to time to keep them conditioned
- Do not put them in the dishwasher, as this will destroy them
- Dry with a towel by hand
- When they are wet, do not put them in the sun, or they may crack
- Temperatures over 40C may also cause cracking
- You can use them to eat off of, or as a cutting/serving board, but do know that knives and sharp objects will inevitably leave marks on the finish